Ready to Lead®
Like you, New American Leaders is closely monitoring the news and government updates for guidance on the coronavirus (COVID-19). But our work to empower New Americans and people of color to run, win, and lead continues. That’s why we have adapted our signature training program Ready to Lead® to be online in 2021!
Ready to Lead® identifies the immigrant experience as an asset in civic leadership. The curriculum, specifically designed by New Americans, shows trainees how to message, fundraise, and embrace one’s heritage to become a successful candidate.
At Ready to Lead®, you will:
– Write a compelling stump speech rooted in values
– Learn grassroots fundraising tactics from other elected officials
– Practice messaging techniques and pivoting strategies
– Engage with New American leaders from across the country
Our support to help people like you get elected and appointed does not end at Ready to Lead®. As a Ready to Lead® alumn, you will have access to one-on-one coaching. Through individualized support, you will be prepared to declare your candidacy.
– Darrin Camilleri, Michigan State Representative
– Ghida Dagher, Director of Appointments, Office of Governor Whitmer, Michigan
– Julie Gonzales, Colorado State Senator
– Raquel Castañeda-López, Detroit City Councilmember
– Raquel Terán, Arizona State Representative
Ready to Lead® 2021 Virtual Training Dates and Deadlines:
Each training will be held over the course of two weekends. Prework will be required and participants must be available to attend all sessions.
New England Regional Training
– Training Dates: February 19-20 & 26-27
– Application Deadline: February 1 at 11:59 PM MST
There is a $20 registration fee if accepted. Your registration fee covers all program materials. Declared candidates are permitted to attend, but must pay the market rate fee of $40.
You are able to save your progress and return to this application at another time. Once you submit your application, we will review it along with our training timeline. You will hear from us two weeks prior to the scheduled training date you have applied for.
If you have any issues with your application, please email Narmin Jivani, NAL Program Assistant, at [email protected].